About SFS Engineering
SFS specializes in steel fabrication for the mining and industrial sectors. At our dedicated facility located in Odendaalsrus in the Free State Goldfields, we average a production output of 100 tons per month.
SFS was originally founded in 1983. The management team at the time oversaw the construction of SFS’s full manufacturing facility. After experiencing several market related challenges and setbacks, SFS as we know it today was re-launched under new management in 2002. It is from this story that SFS derives its name as the letters stand for ‘Start From Scratch’. This is precisely what the current SFS team was tasked with. They made the most of the company’s rich resources and 40 odd years of experience in the field to turn SFS into what it is today.
Currently, our staff complement consists of around 50 employees who work together on a daily basis to provide our clients with the best products supplied with the best service possible. SFS Engineering has its own transport fleet and our transport department offers a turnkey service handling all collections and deliveries.
Our Core Values
The SFS Advantage
SFS BBBEE Commitment
SFS Engineering has been BEE and HDSA Compliant since September 2004. SFS Engineering is committed to BEE and has implemented a program to reinforce our activities in:
- Skills development
- Preferential procurement
- Social responsibility
Over the years, SFS Engineering is proud to have trained many of our unskilled staff members who showed aptitude and initiative in skills such as CO2 coded welder, boilermakers and machine operators. Our future goal is to establish small trade shops for these staff.
SFS Health and Safety
Our Safety Mission
Our Safety Vision
Our Safety Purpose
- At all times strive to meet the legal requirement pertaining to Occupational Health & Safety.
- Incorporate Occupational Health & Safety as integral part of our Personnel Policy.
- Invest in and develop our employees as part of our Skills Development Policy to secure a healthy and safe work environment.
Health & Safety Measures
SFS Engineering undertakes to:
- Consult with the representative union and/or employees to ensure the success of all implemented safety processes and procedures.
- Analyze current Occupational Health & Safety practices and procedures.
- Prepare a plan to better Occupational Health & Safety circumstances.
- Implement a Occupational Health & Safety plan with the intention to achieve a healthy and safety workplace.
- Report to the committee on the implementation of the Occupational Health & Safety plan.
- Display a summary of the provisions of the Act in English to the workforce.